Sunday, February 16, 2014

     Yesterday was a very interesting day.  We had a class at the shop and a potluck.  Dorothy is moving and it is with a heavy heart that I have to say goodbye. I have known her for many years and have found a woman with lots of promise in the needlepoint world. When I first met her she was young and only interested in doing cross stitch. There is nothing wrong with that but with a little encouragement she soon took up both hardanger  and needlepoint.  She has advanced to being a very capable teacher and designer.  I am so proud of her.  I will miss our conversations both on a personal  and needlepoint basis. I wish her and her family the best and look forward to her returning; monthly to continue to teach.

    We also had a mishap as one of out dear friends and clients had a fall and broke her leg in two places.  So she will be out of commission for a while.  I pray for her speedy recovery.

     Next week the shop will be receiving a supply of new magnets and to my surprise I was able to located the designer of the book "Patchwork of Peace".  She is sending us copies of that wonderful book that has a very large collection of stitches to stitch an American Flag or just to add to you library of stitch diagram books.

     I personally am headed right back to try and get some stitching done on either the flag of my summer house. I guess I better decide which one. 

Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment